That’s right folks, my website is now iPhone friendly. (Note: from what I understand it should also work in certain other fancy phones too)
Here’s how it goes:
Step 1 – Open Safari -> Navigate to: alexsantidote.com
Step 2 – Check out my fancy mobile theme
Step 3 – Bookmark for future reference
If you’re really awesome you’ll bookmark it to your Home Screen 😉
And you’ll see a nice shiny icon that will take you straight to this website when you touch it!
How’d I do it?
- Install the WordPress plugin called: WPtouch Mobile Plugin + Theme for WordPress
- Make a custom icon in GIMP (sudo apt-get install gimp)
- The icon should be saved in .png format.
- You will need 2 different sizes: 57 x 57 and 32 x 32
- Name the 32 x 32 icon something that reflects the name of your blog (I used: Alex`s Antidote)
- Name the 57 x 57 icon “apple-touch-icon.png” without the quotes.
- In WordPress Settings you will find a menu called: WPtouch, upload the 32 x 32 icon there (look around, you’ll figure it out), then make necessary adjustments below (lots of settings to play with).
- Be sure to save!
- FTP/SSH into your root (and/or wordpress) directory for your blog and copy over the 57 x 57 icon you named “apple-touch-icon.png”
Let me know what you think in the comments (if you have time).